Sunday 10 May 2009

Patience

It's been a frustrating sort of day. Managed a 30 minute walk but my left glutes were complaining right from the start. They kept going into tight knots and causing sharp, intense pain deep in the hip joint during every foot strike. I came home and stretched out my hips (the usual piriformis and psoas stretches) and hamstrings. My lower back has been complaining today as well, connected to the tired hips, I guess. And, the right side of my trunk is still slightly strained and tired.

My shoulder girdle still aches. I've only done 1 set of physio exercises today. The muscles need some respite.

Today, I have energy and 'get up and go' but no muscles with which to expend it. After years of incapacity it is hard to be patient with my body....but patient I must be. I have dreams where I can run or swim like an athlete. One day, I'll have the muscles and stamina to put my heart and soul into lengths of front crawl or a sprint across open countryside, and I'll feel the life and blood coursing through me and I'll feel truly alive and real. I can't wait....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.