Wednesday 23 May 2012

Left Shoulder

Although the strength and range of motion of my left shoulder has improved, it's still pretty restricted on external rotation (and also some pain/restriction on abduction). I've been reminded of this again this week particularly whilst out birding. If I want to sit in a hide, lean my elbows on the hide shelf and hold my binoculars to my eyes, I can only hold that position for a matter of seconds before the pain in my left shoulder is excruciating. Same applies if I'm lying on my stomach in order to take low-level photographs or look through my binoculars, whilst resting my elbows on the ground. I cannot hold that position for more than a few seconds before the pain is intolerable. In essence, it's rather restrictive!

I don't know what the final solution is going to be for this shoulder but at some point, I am going to have to bite the bullet and get some treatment. Maybe, if I can get my hips/legs pain-free, then I'll feel like I've got the resources to cope with treatment. Either way, I've been dealing with this problem for more than 3.5 years and that's not good!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.