Tuesday 29 May 2012

Continuing Improvement


Towards the end of last week, I was in two minds as to whether to head to the gym on Friday or not (I had social commitments over the w/e that I needed energy for). Thursday morning, I went out birding and had basically written off a gym visit. However, on Friday morning, I felt ok and couldn't resist.

I did my usual set. I managed the 2km run/walk in just under 13 minutes and the limiting factor was my right calf muscle/leg. I could have comfortably kept running but had to put in the walk breaks after 3-4 minutes to allow my right leg to recover a little. When I came home, I felt energised and good. I immediately massaged and iced my right calf and repeated that during the afternoon. The following day it was stiff but not as excruciating as last week. I still had to take painkillers that night for the right hip structures and the nerves down the leg remain uncomfortable/problematic.

In terms of energy levels and mental recovery, I think that's still improving. I felt recovered by yesterday (although my hip/leg muscles weren't/aren't). I feel the need to be more active and don't want days when I have very little to do, which is a significant shift for the better. I can even imagine a time potentially, if progress continues, when I will want to find work. That concept has been a million miles away from what seemed possible for over a decade. So....progress indeed.

I shall miss the gym this Friday due to more demanding commitments over the weekend and the following week. I suspect it'll do my right leg/hip good to have more time to heal up. However, I am playing table tennis tomorrow evening, which I'm looking forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.