Saturday 6 July 2013

Ab, Ears and Hip & C'mon Andy!

The right abdominal strain is still niggling away so I have tried to reduce the stress on it. Tuesday 25th June, I only did 40 lengths (1km) in the pool and then, last week, I missed it all together. Friday 28th June, was a modified gym session. I thought I'd test out my right hip with a run/walk on the treadmill. I did 2km in 15:45 mins. Unfortunately, no significant improvement in the hip and I took painkillers before sleep for it.

I woke up on Saturday morning, a week ago, with very blocked ears and hypersensitive hearing. Thankfully, no real vertigo symptoms this time (yet). So, I guess it's another inner ear infection/issue. Symptoms are still ongoing and worsened yesterday. I don't feel 'ill', it's just very unpleasant and makes talking and being exposed to any noise rather 'painful'. It feels like the nerves in my ears are raw so the sensation is a bit like hearing fingernails being scraped down a blackboard. The last episode of this was 8 months ago (Here) and if it hasn't resolved by the end of next week, I'll make an appointment with the docs (although I don't think there's anything they can do).

Yesterday, I did a reduced gym session as I needed to get home for a delivery: 
  • 10 mins exercise bike (difficulty level 7 - legs felt tired so reduced level from 8 to 7)
  • Hip/lower back stretches
  • Glute bridges (10 secs hold) 3 reps then quad stretches
  • Glute bridges 10kg dumbbell across hips 10 reps, 10 sec hold. 
  • Press ups-plus (at 45 deg angle) 2 x 10 reps. 
  • Press-ups on floor (knees on floor) 3 x 10 reps
  • Right Hip adduction and extension using cable weights 6kg 12 reps, 8kg 10 reps.
  • Run/Walk treadmill 1.5km in 10:30 mins. Run 2min, Walk 1+ mins
  • Basket ball exercise (throwing a weight ball at a target from standing) 5kg 3 x 15 reps
  • Overhead basket ball exercise (throwing a weight ball, from above my head, at a target) 3kg 2x10 reps.
My right leg/ankle didn't tolerate the running very well, it seemed to go pretty numb. Right butt soreness developed by evening and is still there today, although I didn't take painkillers last night.

Finally, I can't leave without mentioning Andy Murray. What a superb semi he played and I am looking forward to the battle tomorrow. I suspect it'll be decided on one or two points and I just hope it goes Andy's way. After the years of hard work and dedication, he deserves it....C'mon Andy!



P.S. 15:45 So pleased that Marion Bartoli won the ladies' Wimbledon title. I think she's fab and was cheering her all the way! Nice one Marion.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.