Saturday 26 March 2011

Current Gym Set

...yup, another Robin. This time taken at the reservoirs a month or so ago. He was singing his heart out in the sunshine.

I've felt pretty wiped out again this week - a combination of still fighting off a cold and general fatigue. I stuck to the gym session on Tuesday, though, and thoroughly enjoyed it. I felt strong and fit and, of course, managed to push myself too much. I've spent the rest of the week recovering, lol.

Thought I'd detail what I'm doing during my hour at the gym now:
  • 5 mins warm-up on exercise bike
  • Stretching: hips/lower back
  • Glute bridges (10 sec hold) 10 reps
  • Press ups (plus) (at 45 deg angle) 2 x 8 reps
  • Hip extension, abduction, adduction with blue theraband 2 x 6 reps
  • Leg press 27kg 5 reps, 34 kg 5 reps, 41kg 2 x 10 reps
  • Seated rows 4kg 10 reps, 6kg 2 x 10 reps
  • Leg extension 5kg 10 reps, 7.5kg 10 reps
  • Trunk twist using cable weights 4kg 10 reps (new exercise added this week - too much weight though and will drop down to 2kg)
  • Wobble board 3 mins
  • Bicep curls 3kg 10 reps, 4kg 7 reps
  • Combo lateral/front shoulder raises whilst sitting on exercise ball 2kg 2 x 5 reps
  • Step ups (with 2kg dumbells) 2 x 10 reps
  • Left shoulder, front raise, lying on my back 1lb 10 reps
  • Plank 3 x 25 sec hold
  • Stretching: hips/lower back, hamstrings
As I say, I added in the trunk twist exercise this week and was a bit ambitious with the 4kg. I ended up with numerous mild strains around my trunk and aggravated the recurring right abdominal strain. I'll drop the weight down to 2kg next time. A couple of weeks ago I started doing 'press ups plus' rather than just 'press ups' - I'm hoping the strengthening of the serratus anterior will improve the 'winging scapula' and dropped right shoulder.

I plan to hit the pool this coming week. It'll give my joints a bit of a rest, give the ab strains a chance to heal up and be a refreshing change. I'm thinking of shifting my gym/pool day to Friday now that my pottery class has finished. This should make it possible for me to return to table tennis on Tuesday evenings. We'll see how this week works out. I think I'm going to need until Friday to fully recover from everything! Right now, I feel completely drained.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.