Friday 1 February 2013

Right Ab, Sinuses, Ploughing On

I've kinda just pushed through it this week. My sinuses are still blocked and generally making me feel headachy and tired. The right abdominal/mid back issues are still going on. However, I made it to the pool on Tuesday. Did my 32 lengths (0.5 miles) in about 25 mins and then headed to the gym today. I was pretty tired out through Wednesday and Thursday.

Today's gym set:
  • 15 mins exercise bike (difficulty level 8)
  • Hip/lower back stretches
  • Glute bridges (10 secs hold) 3 reps then quad stretches
  • Glute bridges 10kg dumbbell across hips 10 reps, 10 sec hold. 
  • Press ups-plus (at 45 deg angle) 2 x 10 reps. 
  • Press-ups on floor (knees on floor) 2 x 10 reps
  • Right Hip adduction and extension using cable weights 6kg 2 x 12 reps, 8kg 2 x 10 reps
  • 10 single leg glute bridges (each leg), 5 sec hold each. 
  • Seated rows 10 kg 10 reps; 12kg 2 x 10 reps; vertical flies 4kg 2 x 10 reps.
  • Chest fly with cable weights 4kg 3 x 10 reps.
  • Ab Crunches 2 x 10 reps
  • Medicine ball Russian twist exercise (5kg) 2 x 10 reps
  • Tricep extensions using cable/rope 8kg 2x10 reps.
  • Combo lateral/front shoulder raises whilst sitting on exercise ball 3kg 2 x 10 reps
  • Lying on the floor, starting with elbows by my side, arms bent 90 degs, then pushing weight upwards against gravity, straightening the arm (modified front raise) 5kg 2 x 10 reps 
  • Bicep curls 5kg 10 reps
  • Plank 1 mins 
The swimming and gym work aggravates the right abdominal pain but no idea how to resolve it or what will make it better. I guess I'm working on the basis that if I just keep ploughing on, it'll eventually resolve itself.

I'm keeping up with the daily right hip physio exercises. I can't be certain yet whether they are helping but I will give them until the end of February and then reassess everything. If this right ab problem is still around then I will definitely be heading back to the physiotherapist for help.

I have been waiting for a referral to NHS physiotherapy for my left shoulder. I rang the hospital this week only to discover the referral had been "lost in the post". I rang my GP surgery and they have now sorted it out but who knows when that treatment will come through. Everything takes so flipping long! This is my life we're talking about. The longer I have to wait for treatment, the longer my life remains partially on hold. 

Generally feeling pretty down. Fed up with managing muscular injuries and pain and not knowing how or what will make them better. Fed up with the sinus infection which has now lasted for 5 weeks. Fed up with feeling crap from the sinus infection. Fed up with social isolation. To top it all, my tumble drying neighbours got back from a 2 week holiday last night. I was woken this morning at 8:30am by the tumble drier and I expect it will now be on all day and all weekend. So far, it's been on 8:30-10:30 (when I went out), then on 5 minutes after I got home at 12:30 until now (13:30ish) and still going. I don't suppose it'll be off now until about 11pm tonight. It'll no doubt wake me up again tomorrow. It drives me absolutely nuts. Shatters all the peace and quiet in my own home and makes me want to run a mile to get away from it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.