Wednesday 2 June 2010

Hamstring Stretches

Ok, so that little guy isn't stretching his hamstrings....One of numerous speedy House Martins around my house, collecting a beak full of wet mud and little stones for nesting material.

This beauty came into land and I just love its fluffy, feathered legs and feet.

The hamstring strains are still evident but not too bad. I've decided to add hamstring stretches to my almost daily back and hip stretches, done after a walk (i.e. when my muscles are warm). I tried the stretch from this 'yoga for runners' website (Link):

At the moment I can only get my leg up to about 25 degs off the ground so there is a way to go!

I may also try this one out from Runner's World (Link) - maybe when I've progressed a little.

Skipped the pool this morning. I'm off to stay with family tomorrow and don't want to have my usual end of week wipe-out. It'll probably do my body good to have a break from the routine for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.