Monday 4 January 2010

Getting closer...


Above is a Common Redshank, taken on New Year's Day. They're always so far away from me, I can never get a decent picture and this represents my best effort to date. Hoping that I also get a bit closer to physical fitness and mental health this year.

....anyway....my table tennis bat arrived in the post this morning and it's a little heavier than I had realised. As much as I want to be able to play, I'm not sure my (good) right arm/shoulder are strong enough to cope (given that just lifting the weight of my arm is challenge enough!). I fear I might have been a tad over ambitious.....but I'll still give it a go. I've found somewhere local, playing tomorrow evening.

Since Jan 1st, 2 x 50 mins walks and 20 mins on the bike plus the usual physio exercises. Today's been a rest day cos of my back.

Emailed the private physio for an appointment to look at the LHS mid/lower back problems. It's got worse and I need someone to do something....anything....to help.

For the next 3 months, the weekly plan looks loosely like this:

Monday - therapy + short walk + hip/core physio exercises
Tuesday - walk + hip/core physio exercises + Table Tennis (hopefully)
Wednesday - Hydrotherapy
Thursday - therapy + short walk + shoulder physio exercises
Friday - Pottery + hip/core physio exercises
Saturday - longer walk (bird watching) + hip/core & shoulder physio exercises
Sunday - exercise bike + shoulder physio exercises

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.