Wednesday 16 September 2009

Aching hip

The last couple of weeks have been dogged by chronic left hip/glute and lower back pain. I've kept up with the exercise routines, tried to massage out any knots, applied heat and rested when necessary. However, I'm now having to take painkillers to be able to sleep at night as the pain stops me from dropping off.

The bike work in particular seems to aggravate the ache. And, then, I can't sit for long periods because the pain intensifies. So, it eases when I move but as soon as I stop and sit or lie down, it becomes this gnawing ache through from my lower back, through my left hip, into my groin and even down my leg. I wish I knew what was causing the pain and how it might be stopped! I can't believe it's a lack of muscle strength any longer. Surely, by now, the glutes are strong enough.

I've started work with a private physiotherapist locally for my shoulder. But, I think I really need some help with my hip now....*sigh*.....

The pool work today felt good (aside from the annoying left hip/back twinges).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.