Thursday 24 September 2009

Physio session

Went for my second appointment for my shoulder today. The pain I get is mostly down the upper/back of the arm. The physio identified a number problems, all essentially relating to deconditioning: tight/deconditioned nerves, restricted acromioclavicular joint, and muscle knots at the back of the shoulder, just under the arm pit. She worked on each of them, mobilising the nerve, the joint and then trying to release the muscle. At one point I actually felt quite faint from the pain/manipulation but thankfully it passed. By the end of the session I knew I was going to be in pain this afternoon! And, once again, I'm aware of the general weakness of the whole structure. Just the assessment exercises of lifting the arms up in front and then out to the side are really hard work. They wore out my right shoulder/arm as much as they did the left!

....anyways....this afternoon I've dosed myself up on painkillers - the intense ache set in pretty quickly. A hot water bottle applied to the back of the shoulder is also helping. Strangely, I feel pretty wiped out by the whole thing. I hope it all feels better tomorrow....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.