Wednesday 23 September 2009

Hydrotherapy - improvement

....just back from the weekly hydrotherapy session. It felt good today. My muscles worked smoothly and apart from the slight twinge on the LHS of my back, there was no pain. And, when I came out of the changing rooms, I could actually walk without pain! That is a first. Normally, my left glutes/hips muscles give off sharp pain on foot strike and the LHS of my lower back is tight and painful. But, today, there was a significant improvement.

Over the past couple of weeks I've returned to doing the original daily physio exercises to strengthen/stabilise my core muscles and recondition the hips. My hope was that this would relieve the chronic back and hip pain. And, it seems to be working. It's annoying though that the only way to get my core muscles working is to keep up the physio routines. I wonder how long I'll have to stick at this before my core just does what it's supposed to do!?!

My left shoulder/arm is having a painful week, lol. I'm seeing my physio again tomorrow. Hopefully she'll help ease things up again.

Edited 20:11: I've not felt tired/sleepy at all this afternoon/evening which is another real improvement.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.