Tuesday 18 September 2012

Highs and Lows Again

It's been a bit of an up and down week. I'm now trying to swim on Tuesdays and go to the gym on Fridays. I've dropped the running from the Friday gym set whilst my right hip resolves. However, last Friday was a disappointing session, nearly reducing me to tears. I basically gave up after finding that my right lat muscle, right tricep and right ab were still healing/strained. This pretty much restricted everything and it was extremely frustrating. Add to that that the LHS lower back tightness/ache/pain has recurred as bad as ever it was for the last 12 days. I think the side-slide exercise, strengthening the oblique muscles, is the problem. It flexes my spine in such a way as to aggravate the nerve or whatever it is that's the problem. It's a pain that drives me nuts!

....anyway.....I was back at the pool today. Did 26 lengths (650 metres) followed by some running/walking in the water. I reduced the distance from 32 lengths after the right lat strain last week. I reckon the 26 lengths is manageable with the gym session thrown in.

The right hip/butt/groin pain has reduced since I stopped doing the running or really testing it. I'm simply concentrating on glute bridges, single leg glute bridges and the clam exercise.

That's it really. Just posting an update rather than not writing at all....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.