Saturday 17 September 2011

Saturday Update

A Wheatear which dropped in on its way through at the start of this Autumn's migration. It'll winter in Africa.

Ok, so I thought it worth writing about today's little experiment with pushing myself to manage more physically. After the gym yesterday, I was tired/sleepy through the afternoon but rallied after supper and went to bed feeling optimistic about today. I slept well and was up early, leaving the house by 8:45am to go birding. This is the first Saturday that I've tried to do something 'normal' after the gym/pool the previous day.

It was a very blustery, at times chilly and drizzly morning. We were out and on our feet from 9:15am until 11:45am and I guess we walked just under 3 miles up/down hills. I was very pleased to find that although my legs were a bit tired, they weren't 'drained'. I had the usual right upper thigh/leg discomfort and, by the end, my left glute was sore/aching but overall, I coped, well. My head was tired. I felt tired. But I'm pleased to have managed my resources in such a way as to achieve a Saturday morning birding!

This afternoon, I have felt worn out and have basically been waiting for bed time, but it's another step towards 'normality'. I couldn't have done this a year ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.