Friday 16 September 2011

Missed a Week


A little Chiffchaff from the reservoirs last weekend.

I missed the pool/gym last Friday. I'd kinda over done it during the week, out birding and forgetting that using binoculars and scope for extended lengths of time really knackers your eyes/head. By Friday, all I wanted to do was rest quietly on the sofa, in a darkened room, lol.

This week I've felt tired and headachy but I think that was down to hormones and I made it to the gym this morning. However, I did a lighter session because I've agreed to head out birding with a local birder in the morning, which I'm looking forward to. Hopefully, I'll cope physically.

Today's Gym Set:
  • 5 mins exercise bike
  • Hip/lower back stretches
  • Glute bridges (10 secs hold) 3 reps then with 7kg dumbbell across hips 10 reps, 10 sec holds.
  • Press ups (plus) (at 45 deg angle) 2 x 8 reps
  • Hip extension, abduction, adduction with blue theraband 2 x 8 reps
  • Leg press 48kg 2 x 10 reps
  • Tricep extensions using cable/rope 6kg 10 reps, 8kg 10 reps
  • Seated rows 6kg 10 reps (kept arms extended so just worked scapular muscles), 6kg 10 reps, 8kg 10 reps
  • Wobble board 4 mins (including 5 x squats)
  • Leg extension 10kg 1 x 10 reps
  • Trunk twist using cable weights 4kg 10 reps
  • Bicep curls 4kg 10 reps
  • Combo lateral/front shoulder raises whilst sitting on exercise ball 3lbs 10 reps, 5lbs 10 reps
  • Both shoulders, front raise, lying on my back 3lbs 10 reps
  • Plank 30 sec hold
  • Stretching: hips/lower back, hamstrings and chest/pecs
Generally it felt good after the week's break. I was surprised that my triceps felt stronger and it felt right to move on to the 4kg weight on trunk twists. The right upper thigh/leg problem, which had settled down in the last few days, was quickly aggravated. The right lower ab twinges were aggravated too. It doesn't take much - any use of my abs seems to cause problems. Very annoying.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.