Saturday 24 September 2011

Normal Week

Above is a shot of a beautiful juvenile, female Ruff (a.k.a Reeve). She spent about an hour feeding in the area where I was located and wasn't too afraid when I moved a little closer to get some photographs. The image has no sense of scale, unfortunately, but she's smaller than a Redshank, about 22cm long. This youngster has dropped in on her migration south and is building up strength at the reservoir before continuing.

The beginning of last week was dominated by a lingering headache, which I think was hormone related. As a result, it was hard to assess the effects of going out on Saturday morning. However, I think I probably coped pretty well and I was pleased. I did a full gym set yesterday apart from the step ups. I tried particularly to not aggravate the right upper thigh/leg problem but I wasn't completely successful. It's sore and aches today.

Yesterday's Gym Set:
  • 5 mins exercise bike
  • Hip/lower back stretches
  • Glute bridges (10 secs hold) 3 reps then with 7kg dumbbell across hips 10 reps, 10 sec holds + 5 reps single leg glute bridges
  • Press ups (plus) (at 45 deg angle) 2 x 8 reps
  • Hip extension, abduction, adduction with blue theraband 2 x 8 reps
  • Leg press 48kg 10 reps, 54kg (with seat set back one notch) x 10 reps
  • Tricep extensions using cable/rope 6kg 10 reps, 8kg 10 reps
  • Seated rows 6kg 10 reps (kept arms extended so just worked scapular muscles), 6kg 3 x 10 reps, 8kg 10 reps
  • Wobble board 4 mins (5 squats)
  • Leg extension 7kg 10 reps
  • Trunk twist using cable weights 2kg10 reps, 4kg 10 reps
  • Bicep curls 4kg 2 x 10 reps
  • Combo lateral/front shoulder raises whilst sitting on exercise ball 3lbs 10 reps, 5lb 10 reps
  • Both shoulders, front raise, lying on my back 3lb 2 x 10 reps
  • Reverse ab crunches 10 reps; Plank 3 x 30 sec hold
  • Stretching: hips/lower back, hamstrings and chest/pecs
I feel tired today and have various twinges/mild strains (right lower ab, trunk in general, right leg, glutes) but nothing out of the ordinary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.