Sunday 26 September 2010

Disappointing

No birdie photos today (although that might change if I manage to get something half decent later).

Essentially, it's been a disappointing week. I hoped that the 4 week break from the usual exercise routines would have allowed things to strengthen up and heal up. Unfortunately, that doesn't seem to be the case. The pubic bone muscle strain has improved although the right lower ab/groin area is twingey and painful, and makes me think 'hernia' every time it grumbles.

Table tennis on Tuesday was the first disappointment. It very definitely aggravated the right groin/thigh pain so that it was as bad as it ever gets. Wednesday's evening commitment was cancelled so that meant I could go to the pool in the morning. I stuck to the basics. All I did was the hydrotherapy exercises that the hospital taught me 18 months ago. I didn't attempt any swimming. Right from the start the right groin/thigh was problematic and then I strained the left inner hamstring doing squats. The right lower ab/pubic bone muscle area was tender. Generally, the whole pelvic structure felt twingey, painful or strained! I came home baffled.

I have been doing those hydro exercises for 18 months. There is no way they should cause any strains or problems. It defies belief that I'm still nursing injuries from doing the pool work! The last physio I saw before I left the hospital suggested I do the hydro work for another 6 months before heading into the gym. I've stuck at it for 18 months and I'm still not ready for the gym?!?!?! So, yes, I was very disappointed after Wednesday's session.

Thursday, I was as tired as ever (which again was disappointing because I'd done a lot less than normal on Wednesday). The left hamstring strain seems to have healed up, which is good, but the right groin/thigh/lower ab area is chronically painful.

The best thing to come out this week was that table tennis helped reduce the LHS lower back tightness/pain.

On a completely different note, I caught the end of xfactor last night and Matt Cardle's "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" brought tears to my eyes. What a spine-tinglingly beautiful voice. You hear something extra-ordinary like that and you're transported out of the tangle of your own problems and reminded there's beauty in the world. Does you good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.