Monday 15 November 2010

NHS "Back to Fitness" Class

One from the archives to cheer me up. A Redwing from last winter in the local park. They've arrived back in the area but I've not had a chance to get any new pictures.

....ok....so I went along to my 3rd physiotherapy appointment this afternoon for my left hip/back problems. Session 1 had been the (rushed) assessment (no treatment); session 2 had been treatment on the tight right adductor muscle. I had hoped that session 3 might be a start on the back/hip treatment.

....mmmm....nope. She never even assessed or examined the LHS lower back and I'm out of the proverbial physiotherapy door. In their defence, I have been referred to the 6 week 'back to fitness' class which is basically an hour's gym session under the watchful eye of a trained physiotherapist. I can't decide whether I'm gutted or pleased although the 'I feel like I'm going to burst into tears' scenario maybe gives it away?!

All I wanted was someone to make my back and hip stop hurting or tell me how I can make it stop hurting. Neither of those things has happened.

I have a horrible feeling that the gym sessions are going leave me in agony. What I wouldn't give for 'normal' muscle soreness. And, I do know what normal, healthy muscle pain feels like and that's not what I experience. However, getting that message across seems to require some kind of special dialect which I don't possess.

Oh well, I can but hope that all of this works out for my benefit. Here's to an optimistic embrace of the NHS 'back to fitness' approach and here's hoping I come out the other side stronger and healthier.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.